Wellbeing Wednesdays Episode #22
“The one about… Simplicity”
An episode where we pared back the complexity and looked at how understanding the SIMPLICITY that lies at the heart of our experience of life makes it so much easier. I had recently returned from the 3 Principles UK conference, and shared some of the deeper insights I had while I was there. Over an hour and a quarter we covered a range of topics and tackled a couple of subscriber questions too.
Here's what's inside:
- What “a simple life” actually means
- A simple, practical definition and exploration of the present moment
- What happens when you break free from the conceptual mind
- Why letting go is so important (as well as what to let go of, and how to let go of it, too)
- Some neuroscience: the differences between the left and right hemisphere experiences
- Achieving that crucial balance between “the master” and “his emissary”
- Being kind to yourself and how you won't get very far until you are
- A low moods metaphor unpacked: stumbling around in the dark
- How to go from “not knowing” to “knowing”
- What intuition is and how to access it effortlessly
- Selecting a spiritual teacher or guide – what to look for and what to avoid!
- Modelling successful people: does it work, or not?
- Feeling good and avoiding pitfalls (the art of non-attachment)
- How destructive behaviours (e.g. alcoholism) are wisdom at work
- The two ways in which wisdom guides us back to our true nature
- Self-harm and psychosis … how does that work?
- A new definition of Mental Health
- 3 Simple things you can put into action today, that will completely transform your life
- Subtractive psychology… what it is, how it works
- Where problems come from and how to be rid of them.