Wellbeing Wednesdays Episode #9
“The one about… Traumatic childhood events”
In this episode we tackled a number of big topics that stemmed from a variety of subscriber questions.
Over an hour, we covered:
- How can this understanding help people with mental disorders?
- Is it safe to share this understanding with someone who's acutely unwell?
- Are you saying that regular Psychiatry is ineffective?
- How different treatment modalities (therapy/CBT/NLP) work, in relation to the 3 Principles
- The difference between looking at problems “downstream” and “upstream”
- Resilience! What it actually is; why you can never be “not resilient enough”
- Childhood abuse in relation to the statement, “It is not possible to be psychologically harmed”
- The developing “self”
- The reason behind depression (i.e. what it's for)
- The absolutely pivotal role that feelings play in our wellbeing
- How this understanding could help with something like tinnitus